Empowering enterprise development
Transforming supply chains and positively impacting the economic landscape.
Black Umbrellas CGC consulting
Black Umbrellas CGC Consulting (Pty) Ltd is a specialised procurement, supply chain and ESD consulting business in partnership with Clive Govender, the CEO and Founder of CGC Consulting.
Clive is a global executive with over 20 years’ experience in international procurement and supply chain transformation, sustainable development, project management, ESG management as well as technology innovation. He was Group Head of Supply Chain (Chief Procurement Officer) at Anglo American Platinum from 2005-2015 and also responsible for leading the restructuring of Anglo Americans’ global procurement & supply chain from a decentralised to a centre- led function which delivered over 1.5BUSD in benefits. Clive was also Vice President Supply Chain and Sustainability for ABB Sub Sahara Africa for 9 years. He chairs the Innovation and Technology stream (Mine 2050) at Africa’s’ premier mining event the Mining Indaba held yearly in Cape Town.
Clive is an international speaker on the subject of procurement, supply chain & technology and guest lectures at London Business School, UK and University of Cape Town Graduate School of Business.
Our goal is to assist public and private organisations to maximise their Enterprise and Supplier Development strategy thereby creating Shared Value, building resilient supply chains and making a significant impact in the economy.
We provide you with specialised assistance in developing and implementing your ESD strategy and de-risking your supply chain in implementing this strategy. Our focus is to develop sustainable businesses plugged into your supply chain thereby assisting in creating resilient supply chains. Sustainable impact is our focus and this is how we measure our success.
Our process includes the following steps:
- Diagnose – uncovering issues and root causes
- Advise – provide best practice advice
- Design – customise implementation strategy design
- Apply – integrate people, process and technology
- Sustain – ensure sustainability as the ultimate measure of success
- Adapt – continue to develop and improve
Empowering black businesses, particularly your small-medium enterprises, is absolutely essential if we are going to transform and grow the economy of our countryCyril Ramaphosa
Partner with us. It works
- We source qualifying businesses for your ESD programmes
- We develop qualifying businesses to a level where they are supply chain ready
- We provide assistance in developing your ESD strategy and de-risking the implementation of the strategy. In so doing you can make an ever increasing number of procurement opportunities available to businesses in your ESD programme and increase the number of businesses within the programme
- We invest a portion of your ESD budget in a debt fund which can be deployed to finance the procurement transactions you’re making available within your ESD programme
- We use our Payment Accelerator platform to securely manage the invoice financing activities as well as obtain detailed reporting on all procurement activities
In South Africa, the National Development Plan enjoins all social partners to work together to create fertile conditions to grow small enterprisesCyril Ramaphosa
Partners for success
- We use your ESD strategy to help you build sustainable businesses by using small and medium businesses in your supply chain
- We optimise your B-BBEE Scorecard compliance requirements by creating sustainable business channels for qualifying SMMEs
- Our successful graduating clients can provide scoring on Enterprise Supply Development if the enterprise is absorbed into your own corporate supply chain
Black Umbrellas SMME COVID response programme
Re-pivot your businesses in response to the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic.Learn more
Macsteel Usizo programme
Is your company looking for steel suppliers to procure from? This programme capacitates SMMEs in the steel industry to be compliant with the requirements of the Usizo programme, be able to qualify for credit assistance as well as participate in opportunities within corporate supply chains.Learn more